Are you ready to learn how and why you should tackle SMS marketing campaigns? There are many benefits of SMS marketing, from faster responses to better open rates. Whether you’re weighing up SMS vs email marketing or sure you’ll be texting your way to success, education is vital. Learning about SMS marketing is a brilliant way forward. This way, you’ll understand all the essential elements, including launching exclusive discounts and flash sales and also guaranteeing a return on investment by researching free SMS marketing software.
SMS marketing is one of the most lucrative and successful marketing channels. Nothing quite holds the power of an SMS marketing message. Nearly everyone has a mobile phone. And we are all familiar with that knee-jerk reaction we have to texts. It is something email marketing or social media marketing just cannot replicate. A text message ping has a magical hold on us.
So, get ready to learn all the ins and outs of SMS marketing. An SMS marketing message is one of the most fabulous things you can use for your business. With this information under your belt, you’ll be well on your way to improving your marketing channels.
What Is SMS Marketing?
First off, what on Earth is SMS marketing? Before proceeding, you must be crystal clear on what strictly SMS marketing is. After all, in-depth understanding is a vital part of marketing success. In short, SMS marketing is a marketing strategy that involves texting potential customers’ mobile phones. Any mobile device can receive marketing material. And if you can get recipients to agree to marketing communications (a legal requirement), you can quickly build a campaign.
SMS marketing campaigns are typically run in bulk, meaning texts are sent in mass to sometimes thousands of recipients. This might sound complex, but it is straightforward when using software. SMS software lets you sync databases of phone numbers and send thousands of texts with a click of a button. So, don’t think you have to send individual texts to recipients - unless you want to.
To give a personal touch, many software do offer personalization tools. For instance, you could target customers interested in a particular product. Or you could include the recipient’s name at the top of the text. People can make SMS marketing personal in many ways, even when sending messages in bulk.
The whole point of SMS marketing is its better open rates - often hitting 98%, which is almost a guaranteed open. It is meant to be a quick and easy type of marketing campaign. Think of short sentences and minimal content writing. For this reason, it is one of the most popular marketing channels and has a great return on investment. As far as resources go, an SMS marketing message drains very little.
Top 4 Benefits of Bulk SMS Marketing
Are you ready to learn more about the benefits of bulk SMS marketing? As you now know, marketing using SMS is typically in bulk. This means marketers use software to send duplicate texts to thousands of recipients simultaneously. Effortless, right? Just a click of a button lets you ping texts to as many soon-to-be customers as you like.
So what are the benefits? Let’s take a closer look.
- A high open rate. Number one is the famous benefit of SMS marketing - that sky-high open rate. Thanks to the draw of the text ping, you can get an open rate of 98%. This, of course, is fantastic. And if you are looking for a marketing channel that will get results, SMS is perfect. Who doesn’t love results?
- Cheap to run. Another massive benefit of SMS marketing is that it is easy to run. As we said, an SMS marketing message is short, as in seriously short. This means the message does not demand tons of budgeting for content and copywriters. You can write it yourself and not even cost yourself much time. Similarly, there’s so much free software out there. This means that marketing your business using SMS costs very little to orchestrate.
- Easy to collect details for. It is also super easy to collect details for SMS marketing campaigns. You can easily manage phone numbers by running a captive portal or loyalty program. The whole process is a breeze.
- It is suitable for all business types and sizes. SMS is a suitable marketing strategy for all business types and sizes. Small businesses and large businesses alike can fall back on this trustworthy strategy.
How To Start SMS Marketing
Does this all sound good to you? Well, then, the next step is to figure out your actual next steps. Now you know the SMS marketing benefits and how this strategy works, it’s time to get practical. Luckily, there are some simple steps you can take to start your SMS marketing journey. This is our golden five-step process to create a fantastic SMS campaign.
- Get solid on your customer demographic and target audience. You should always start any marketing strategy by getting solid on who your customer demographic and target audience is. This way, you can streamline the process as much as possible. After all, there’s no point in spending hours and dollars attracting the wrong customers.
- Get solid on your budget. Next, get solid on budget. Your budget will dictate your next steps, so it’s important to cross this bridge first. If it is low or even non-existent, don’t worry, as you can find free ways to SMS market.
- Find suitable software. Finding suitable software is your next step. There are loads of options out there, including BulkSMS and ClickSend. Find one in your price range.
- Start collecting phone numbers. If you haven’t already, now is the time to collect phone numbers. You can do this through captive portal systems or loyalty programs. Just start building a database for your marketing.
- Review and adjust when necessary. At this stage, you launch your campaign. You then review and adjust as necessary, monitoring engagement through open-rate analysis. This long-term management will help you get the most out of your campaign.
Final Thoughts: What Are the Top Benefits of SMS Marketing
So, what are the top benefits of SMS marketing? By far, the ease and high success rate. Marketing your business using SMS is super easy - you’ll barely need to budget, and you can quickly automate the process. SMS marketing campaigns are low maintenance and rewarding.
Are you feeling the excitement? Starting any new marketing campaign can feel daunting, but SMS is something to get excited about. Beambox’s WiFi platform can help you get to grips with WiFi marketing and collecting numbers through captive portals. We know that every bit of marketing helps, and we can help you grasp the essentials. Start your Beambox free trial today. You’ll soon see the benefits of SMS marketing while using a complimentary WiFi marketing system.
Get Started With Free WiFi Marketing
Beambox helps businesses like yours grow with data capture, marketing automation and reputation management.
Sign up for 30 days free