Are you wondering “how to get more customers to my restaurant?”. Well, this article is for you.
As a restaurant business owner, you know that one of the most important keys to success is having a steady stream of customers. However, the industry is competitive, and it can be hard to get an edge on your competitors. Therefore, you need proven methods to attract customers.
This article will show you the best strategies and tools to attract new customers and grow a loyal audience of clients for your business. Whether you are a seasoned entrepreneur or a fresh business owner, here you will find tips and tricks to scale your venture. Let’s start.
Best Strategies and Methods To Grow Your Restaurant Business
Growing a restaurant business requires both offline and online strategies. It would help if you found the right balance between techniques and tools matching your expertise and understanding of the market. Nonetheless, it is essential to clarify that no single tool is perfect for everyone. Instead, finding what works for your venue would be best.
The following is a list of tips, methods, and strategies you can implement to grow your customer base. Moreover, you don’t need to implement all the practices mentioned. However, if you want to grow your business footfall, you might need to try out new things and see if they work. Hopefully, in this list, you will find the answer to “how to get more customers to my restaurant?”
How To Get More Customers to My Restaurant: Cover the Basics
Before considering sophisticated restaurant marketing strategies, consider why people visit restaurants. For many, the reason is having great food and enjoying the experience. Therefore, if you are looking for methods to get more customers to your restaurant, the first step is to check the basics.
Even fantastic marketing can’t fix a poor customer experience. Therefore, before starting your marketing campaigns, you must ensure customers find what they want in a restaurant. Typically, the main aspects to check are three:
- Food and Drinks: The quality of your food and drinks is fundamental. Make sure your menu offers a variety of dishes. Moreover, ensure that the quality is high. You want to use fresh ingredients as much as possible. Also, ensure that your menu has an alternative for customers with dietary restrictions and offers options for different tastes.
- Atmosphere: Depending on the type of restaurants you run, your atmosphere has to match the vibe. Customers want to feel relaxed when they visit your venue, ensuring the details create a pleasant experience. Pay attention to lighting, music, and decor. Moreover, ensure that the establishment is clean and maintained. Consider also investing in any amenity that will add value for your customers.
- Staff: The people who work in your restaurant contribute and influence your customers’ experience. Ensure your team is knowledgeable about your menu and has proper manners. Along with smiling and being courteous, your staff has to be able to handle challenging situations, like complaints or pressure.
The basics of your restaurant will set the tone for the experience at your venue. If you can provide your customers with an excellent experience, you can think about implementing marketing strategies for your restaurant.
How To Get More Customers to My Restaurant: Get More Reviews
It is well known that reviews are one of the most critical factors for attracting customers. BrightLocal says 76% of consumers read online reviews when choosing a local business. This data alone explains why you should protect your business’s online reputation. However, there are other reasons why reviews are important for small businesses.
- Attract new customers: Getting positive reviews is hands down one of the best methods to get more customers to your restaurant. This is simple. People want to have a great dining experience, and they’ll read about the experience of others. If you have many positive reviews, people will try out your restaurant.
- Improve the experience: Reviews aren’t just crucial for attracting new customers. They can also help you identify areas for improvement. Read reviews attentively, both positive and negative ones. They can highlight your strength and indicate areas that need improvement.
- Being more discoverable online: Positive reviews on local review sites can boost your online reputation and help your restaurant stand out on every online channel. For example, many positive reviews can also help you rank higher on Google, helping you attract even more customers.
Reviews are crucial for your success. Find methods to get more reviews and ensure to read (and answer) them all. Moreover, learn how to deal with negative reviews. Even if you provide the best service, you can be sure someone will be unhappy with it. However, getting negative reviews is not necessarily bad. They will make the positive ones shine even more. Therefore, do not take them personally and manage negative reviews accordingly.
How To Get More Customers to My Restaurant: Take Advantage of Your WiFi
Do you know your WiFi can help you get more customers to your restaurant?
If you offer your customers free WiFi, you sit on a goldmine without noticing it. By implementing a social WiFi hotspot, you can gather valuable data about your actual customers and automate the most effective marketing campaigns to grow your business.
A social WiFi hotspot lets you get actionable insights from your customers’ behavior online. These data can help you determine your customers’ preferences and needs. Moreover, WiFi marketing software can help you run marketing activities on autopilot. For example, when using your WiFi, you can automate a prompt asking your customer to write a review on your business exactly.
This is a proven method to get more reviews. However, WiFi marketing software offers much more than that and is probably one of the most effective tools to grow your restaurant business.
How To Get More Customers to My Restaurant: Ride the Trends
Just like any other industry, the restaurant industry is constantly evolving. As a business owner wondering how to get more customers to my restaurant, you should keep yourself updated on trends. This will allow you to attract customers and stay competitive in your niche.
These are a few advantages of following restaurant trends:
- Revenues: The best part of restaurant trends is that you can often make significant markups. As trends come and go, people want to try and are available to spend more to try out new things. Therefore, trends can help you grow the profitability of your restaurant.
- Customer expectations: Although staying authentic to yourself is essential, customers often like to try out new things. Especially if these are trendy, your customer’s tastes and preferences might change over time. For example, in the latest decade, more people have grown interested in vegan options. As a restaurant owner, your menu should include those options and not leave that opportunity behind.
- Differentiation: The following restaurant trends can help you stay on top of mind for customers who know they can find new stuff at your venue. This will help position your business in the mind of your customers.
- Stay relevant: While you don’t want to change your core values, you might need to progress with the industry. This is not only about upgrading your menu but also about manners or technologies. For example, if you do not offer WiFi nowadays, you should not be surprised that millennials do not dine at your place.
- Social Media Engagement: If you offer engaging new experiences, people will take pictures and share them on social media. This translates into the best free advertising you can get because it comes directly from your audience.
How To Get More Customers to My Restaurant: Create a Loyalty Program
Although counterintuitive, creating a loyalty program is a great way to get more customers to your restaurant. Such programs reward customers for their repeat business, which many people find advantageous.
By offering incentives such as discounts, free meals, or exclusive access to events, you can encourage customers to return to your restaurant repeatedly.
There are multiple restaurant loyalty programs, like those based on points or spending. Moreover, a few venues integrate tier programs, which segment the audience into multiple tiers with different perks.
Loyalty programs can help you attract new customers and retain old ones. However, not all programs might fit your venue. For example, if your restaurant targets affluent and posh people, a loyalty program with free meals might harm your brand. Instead, a loyalty program based on tier might work best. Therefore, you should create a loyalty program matching your brand and audience’s needs.
How To Get More Customers to My Restaurant: Spend in Advertising
Last but not least, you can use advertising to get more customers to your restaurant. You will reach many potential customers if you use advertising on Google, Facebook, Instagram, or Yelp. However, just because they see your ads does not imply they will visit your restaurant.
Businesses and advertisers compete for people’s attention.
Therefore, you must approach restaurant advertising with a grain of salt. These platforms offer you a variety of tools to target the right people and get your message across. However, it is up to you to configure your campaign properly.
Additionally, you must prepare effective ads and update the campaigns regularly, depending on what works. This might require some expertise that you might not have. Therefore, if you are not good with it, you are better off hiring a digital marketer to help you out. Otherwise, you might just waste money and time.
Instead, if you use advertising correctly, you can multiply your profits quickly. Using the correct pictures and copy lets you get people’s attention and fill your venue with hungry customers.
Moreover, you can measure the effectiveness of your initiative and the ROI of your investment.
The Bottom Line
If you practice the advice mentioned in this article, you can be sure that the question “how to get more customers to my restaurant” will find an answer. As you saw, there are multiple methods to attract new customers. However, it all starts by providing your customers excellent service and experience.
If guests enjoy dining at your venue, they will discuss that online or offline. You can amplify the effect of your marketing by using the tools and methods mentioned in the article. However, use the tools that best suit your understanding and expertise.
If you are looking for a WiFi marketing solution to learn more about your customers and automate marketing campaigns, check out Beambox.
Beambox is a WiFi marketing solution that can help you:
- Growing your social media pages
- Getting more reviews and increasing your rating on local review sites
- Manage and secure your network
- Gather a better understanding of your actual customers
- Automate email marketing
- Customize the WiFi experience at your venue
And much more than that. Beambox does not require you to purchase any hardware and integrate with the most common internet systems. Moreover, you can try it for free for thirty days. Start your trial now!
Get Started With Free WiFi Marketing
Beambox helps businesses like yours grow with data capture, marketing automation and reputation management.
Sign up for 30 days free