Are you tired of traditional marketing techniques that no longer grab your audience’s attention? Do you want to bridge the gap between offline and online marketing? Then it’s time to incorporate QRcode marketing in your strategy.
But what do we mean by QR codes? These are square, 2D barcodes that you can scan with a smartphone camera. They can instantly access a website link, contact information, or promotional offer. We will discover how to create one later in this article.
So, are you ready to discover how this marketing can improve your business results? Then here’s everything you need to know about QRcode marketing. You will discover the best ideas and examples to boost your marketing.
Let’s Start With the What and How of QRcode Marketing
QRcode Marketing is a digital marketing strategy that uses Quick Response (QR) codes. You can use these codes on flyers, business cards, packaging, etc.
Depending on your marketing strategies and goals, you can opt for different QR codes. These types include Website or URL, social media, product information, promotional, and more. But how do you put this marketing initiative into practice? Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Set your marketing objectives: Determine what you want to achieve with your QRcode marketing campaign. This may include driving traffic to your website, getting more reviews, or increasing brand awareness.
- Create a QR code: There are several free and paid ways to create a QR code. Online websites and mobile apps for QR code generation are some free options. Alternatively, you can use paid QR code software or custom development if you have unique needs.
- Design your QR code: Make sure your QR code stands out and is easily recognizable. You can do this by adding colors, logos, or graphics.
- Test your QR code: After creating and designing, don’t forget to use a smartphone to test your code. This will ensure that it works properly and links to the correct information.
- Apply it to the campaign: Add the code to marketing materials and promote it on social media, email marketing, print ads, or your website.
How Effective Are QR Codes in Marketing?
After learning the definition and working of QRcode marketing, you must be thinking, “How effective are QR codes in marketing?” So, here is the answer. It has become increasingly popular due to the growing use of smartphones and mobile devices. By incorporating QR codes into your marketing strategies, you can engage with customers in a new and interactive way.
Firstly, you can link the QR codes to analytics software which can provide you with valuable insights. You can know the number of people who scanned the code, the time, and their location. Then, you can use this data to refine your marketing campaigns and better resonate with your audience.
Moreover, you can increase your visibility by driving traffic to your social media or website. This is because QR codes are easy to scan, and people are likely to engage with this type of marketing. Furthermore, you can provide a convenient and seamless experience for customers.
10 QR Code Marketing Ideas That Work Wonders
Now that you know the effectiveness of QRcode marketing, here are some of the best QR code marketing ideas. Combine these ideas to create a marketing strategy that resonates with your needs and business goals.
- Product information: You can use QR codes on the packaging of your product to provide information about the product. This may include user manuals or instructional videos.
- Promotions: Create QR codes that link to exclusive promotions, such as discounts and special offers. These will increase customer loyalty toward your business.
- Event marketing: You can also use QR codes on event invitations or flyers. This way, you can give customers an easy way to register for events or gain information about it.
- Feedback: Use QR codes that redirect customers to surveys. This helps you gather feedback on your products and services.
- Social media: Create QR codes on marketing materials that link customers directly to your social media profiles or specific posts. You can encourage them to follow you on social media and engage with your posts.
- Direct mail: Use QR codes on direct mail pieces to link customers to landing pages or product information. This is a perfect example of engagement marketing.
- Coupons: You can also create QR codes to link to digital coupons, which customers can redeem in your store or online.
- Loyalty programs: You can use your QR codes to redirect customers to your loyalty program pages for registration. Offer exclusive rewards for scanning codes to encourage more signups.
- Email newsletter: Use QR codes to encourage customers to sign up for your email newsletter or other marketing campaigns.
- Interactive experiences: You can also use QR codes instore or at events to create interactive experiences. Some examples are scavenger hunts and augmented reality games.
5 Best QR Code Marketing Campaigns To Help You Get Started
While the above ideas can help you incorporate QR codes into your marketing, seeing them put into practice is essential. Whether you want to increase brand awareness or generate leads, you must first gain inspiration.
But first, let’s see why QRcode marketing is becoming so popular. A 2021 survey revealed that 45% of people use a QR code to access marketing or promotional offers. Scanning a code is more accessible than entering data, and this is one of the main reasons for the popularity of this type of marketing.
Are you ready to dive into some practical examples and leverage QR codes into your marketing? Then continue reading because we will analyze 5 of the best QR code marketing campaigns in the following sections. We will see what makes each campaign effective, its implementation, and its results.
QRcode Marketing Campaign Example #1: IKEA’s Buyback QR Code Campaign
A furniture company, IKEA, has introduced a new “Buy Back” system through QRcode marketing. This system aims to streamline the process of returning furniture. You must be wondering, “Why?” So here’s the answer.
When buying furniture, you don’t know how it will fit your room. Or if the colors will match. You’re playing a guessing game, and often, the guess turns out to be wrong. So, what would you want to do when that happens? Yes, return the furniture. This is why IKEA lets users scan QR codes to initiate a return.
However, some terms and conditions exist, such as presenting the referral number to store staff. With this system, IKEA can provide a convenient service that prioritizes convenience and satisfaction.
As mentioned earlier, QRcode marketing can help you promote events. Now, let’s see an example of this. In 2010, a company called National Entertainment decided to promote a concert. It opted to sell tickets through a partnership with a national restaurant.
To help spread the word, they hired a printing company called Sir Speedy. This company printed QR codes on around 100,000 soda cups at a local food outlet. When people scanned the codes, they took them to the restaurant’s app. It helped people learn about the concert, see the location, read about the band, and buy tickets.
Now, let’s see if this campaign was successful. In the first version, around 1000 people scanned the QR code. This also helped increase the downloads for the restaurant’s app and
QRcode Marketing Campaign Example #3: Thank My Farmer’s Coffee Tracking
While QRcode marketing is great for promotion, it can also provide useful information. Customers want to stay informed about what they are buying and the value they get, especially for food items. This is why Beyers Koffie partnered with Thank My Farmer to help people learn more about the coffee it sells.
Thank My Farmer is an app that helps people know where their food comes from. It uses unique blockchain technology to track the origin of the food people buy and eat. Here’s how this company helped Beyers Koffie
They put QR codes on Beyers Koffie’s coffee packages which users could scan using the Thank My Farmer app. The QR code took them to the specific farm where the coffee grew. It also revealed the processing of the beans. This increased customer satisfaction because of the transparency, which allowed customers to make better choices.
This is a fantastic marketing idea for a coffee shop that you can replicate.
QRcode Marketing Campaign Example #4: General Motors’ Information QR Code Campaign
Another excellent example of a QRcode marketing campaign that provides information is General Motors. In 2010, it launched a campaign to promote two new vehicle models, the Electric and the Volt. They placed 15 QR codes on the cars’ bodies. People scanned the codes, and a website opened on their smartphones.
This website provided them with more information about different parts of the car. Here are the results. Around 2% of the people who saw the vehicles scanned at least one QR code. 8.5% of those people scanned multiple codes.
According to General Motors, this campaign was viral and got much attention on social media. People talked about it on blogs, Twitter, and other sites, and it got over 1.6 million views.
QRcode Marketing Campaign Example #5: Kellogg’s Engagement Campaign
Here’s another example of a QRcode marketing campaign for promotion and engagement. Kellogg’s always has fun ways to interact with its audience and promote its cereal. In 2011, it partnered with a mobile technology company, Augme, to launch a QR code campaign.
Let us give you a little context first. People usually associate the idea of eating cereal with mornings. Kellogg’s wanted to break this stereotype and encourage people to eat cereal regardless of the time. They placed a QR code on the back of the Crunchy Nut Cereal box, which featured the slogan “It’s morning somewhere.”
When people scanned the code, they saw one of the 13 videos depending on the time of the day. Kellogg’s reported that the campaign was a success with 40,000 scans, 38000 video plays, and 50,000 page views.
6 Tips for a Successful Marketing Strategy Using QR Codes
While QR codes are highly effective in marketing, you need to follow some best practices for your QRcode marketing to be successful. To help you make the most out of this powerful technology. Here are some tips to keep in mind when using QR codes in your marketing strategy:
- Provide Value: Ensure the QR code leads the user to value content. This includes discounts, exclusive content, or helpful information. Make the users feel like they are getting something out of scanning the code. This way, they are more likely to engage with your brand.
- Keep it Simple: QR codes should be easy to scan, and the content they lead to should be easy to understand. Don’t overwhelm the users with too much information.
- Use Dynamic QR codes: Dynamic QR codes allow you to change the content the code leads to even after printing it. This can be helpful if you need to update the content or if you want to create multiple campaigns using the same code.
- Consider the User Experience: Make sure the user experience is seamless and easy to understand. For example, if the QR code leads to a mobile app, make sure the app is easy to download and use.
- Choose the Right Size: The size of your QR code is vital to ensure it is easily scannable. A good rule of thumb is to ensure the code is at least 2 cm x 2 cm in size.
- Use High Quality for Printing: The resolution and quality of the printing can affect how well the QR code scans. Make sure to use the finest printing methods.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your campaigns are effective and engaging for your target audience.
It’s True! QRcode Can Improve Your Marketing Results
QRcode marketing is an economical and convenient way to engage with your target audience and drive conversions. When people scan your QR code, you can gain valuable insights about them and create a consumer profile.
Whether you are promoting a product, service, or event, QR codes can be a valuable addition to your marketing strategy. Getting inspiration from the example campaigns in this article and following the best practices will help you make the most of your QR code campaigns.
If you want to make the most out of your WiFi, try out Beambox!
Beambox’s WiFi marketing platform can help you effortlessly collect valuable customer data, automate your marketing initiatives, and grow your rating on local review sites. Plus, it does not require additional hardware and has no hidden costs.
Try Beambox for free for thirty days.
Get Started With Free WiFi Marketing
Beambox helps businesses like yours grow with data capture, marketing automation and reputation management.
Sign up for 30 days free