Imagine appearing in front of hungry diners and hypnotizing their taste buds into either ordering from you or visiting your establishment. That’s the power of restaurant Google Ads.
These ads can spread the word about your restaurant and hit the bull’s eye by targeting your intended audience. So, are you ready to make effective advertisements for your restaurant?
Then this article will tell you everything you need to know about restaurant Google Ads and how to create them in a way that drives conversions.
What Are Restaurant Google Ads and Why Should You Use Them?
Restaurant Google Ads help restaurants promote their business on Google platforms, offering several key benefits. You can display These paid ads on Google Search, Google Maps, YouTube, and the Google Display Network. What are the benefits of this form of restaurant advertisement?
First and foremost, with Google Ads, restaurants can increase their online visibility and reach a wider audience.
When potential customers search for restaurants or related keywords, these ads appear prominently at the top of the search results. Moreover, they allow you to target specific geographic areas, demographics, and interests. This maximizes the effectiveness of this type of marketing campaign.
You can also use Google Ads to drive traffic to your restaurant’s website, online ordering platform, or reservation system. By providing direct links, you can make it easier for potential customers to take action and engage with your business. For example, you can use these ads to promote special offers, discounts, or promotions.
Furthermore, Google Ads provides detailed performance tracking metrics, allowing you to analyze the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. This way, you can gain insights into what is working and make adjustments to optimize your advertising strategies.
Restaurant Google Ads: What Types of Ads Are There?
When creating restaurant Google Ads, you must first understand what ads Google offers. This will help you make the best decision about which one works best for you. Here are the most important types of Google ads you can choose from:
- Search Ads are text ads and appear at the top or bottom of Google search results when users search for specific keywords.
- Display Ads have images or text and appear on websites within the Google Display Network, reaching a wider range of audiences across various websites.
- Video Ads appear before, during, or after YouTube videos, allowing businesses to engage users with video content.
- Shopping Ads showcase specific products with images, prices, and other details, appearing on Google Search and Google Shopping.
- App Promotion Ads encourage users to download or engage with mobile apps.
- Local service providers, including restaurants, use Local Services Ads to reach the top of the search results. These ads highlight contact information and customer reviews. They are probably the best to get more customers to your restaurant.
- Discovery Ads appear in personalized feeds on Google Discover, Gmail, and YouTube Home, based on the user’s interests and browsing behavior.
- Smart Campaigns are automated campaigns that leverage machine learning to optimize ads across various Google platforms.
How To Use Google Ads for Your Business: 5 Steps in the Right Direction
Now that we have understood the types of restaurant Google Ads let’s learn how to use Google Ads for your business. Although the process is simple, following these steps is necessary to ensure proper ad creation.
- Set Up Google Ads Account: Create a Google Ads account by visiting the Google Ads official website. Follow the prompts to set up your account and provide the necessary information, including billing details.
- Define Your Advertising Goals: Clearly define the aims of this restaurant advertising initiative. Do you want to increase website traffic, generate leads, boost online sales, or raise brand awareness?
- Conduct Keyword Research: Perform keyword research to identify relevant keywords that your target audience will likely use when searching for restaurants.
- Create Ad Campaigns: The next step is to create the campaigns. You will find some tips later in this article. Set your budget, targeting options, and ad format.
- Monitor and Optimize: Creating the ad is not enough. You need to monitor its performance and make necessary optimizations regularly. Track key metrics like conversion rate and cost per conversion.
5 Best Google Ads for Restaurants To Take Inspiration From
Restaurants are constantly seeking innovative ways to capture the attention of hungry customers and entice them through their doors. Among the vast advertising platforms, restaurant Google Ads is a powerful tool to reach a broad audience and drive foot traffic.
So, to inspire your restaurant’s marketing strategy, here are five of the best Google Ads for restaurants. These ads tempt the taste buds and leave a lasting impression. These examples will flow your creative juices from mouthwatering visuals to compelling headlines.
Restaurant Google Ad #1: Secure a Spot in the Search Results
Let’s start this list of examples for best restaurant Google Ads with a search ad. These ads are good for all businesses, including restaurants. Notice how there are three ads at the top of this search page? The second one is the best of them. Let’s discuss why.
Firstly, the title says, “Pizza near me.” Most of Pizza Hut’s target audience will likely search for pizza using these exact words, making this search result the most relevant. Immediately after this keyword, Pizza Hut states the benefit the users will get; pizza delivery to your door.
Moreover, using words like “premium” and “fresh” catches the users’ attention, as these are also part of Pizza Hut’s benefits. This ad also displays some menu items so the users know exactly what they will find in the link. This way, they can create a mental list of what they want to order before clicking the link. This enhances user experience.
Additionally, this ad has all of the relevant extensions. Users can click “order now” to go directly to Pizza Hut’s order page. The links to the “Contact Us” and “FAQ” pages make it easy for users to get as much information as they need. Then there is a link to a specialty pizza which may be one of their popular ones. This will help the user choose the best out of the menu.
Pizza Hut has also added a link to its new menu, which has items without gluten. This is important to target audiences with specific dietary preferences. Moreover, the rating and reviews help users decide whether to order from here or not.
Restaurant Google Ad #2: Attract the Locals
Next, let’s talk about a local service ad. These ads work excellently for restaurants. This is because they target the local audience. For a restaurant to be successful, it should be in the minds of the local people as they are the ones who can visit it. Here is an example of this type of restaurant Google Ad.
First of all, add an enticing title. This could be “Delicious Food Delivered to Your Doorstep!” Then add a description such as “Craving our mouthwatering cuisine? We offer fast and reliable delivery. Order now!”
Next, add your restaurant’s phone number. Rating is also a crucial part of local service ads. Moreover, it is also essential to add additional Info like “Open seven days a week - Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.”
In this example, the title immediately grabs attention by addressing the customer’s craving and emphasizing that they offer delivery. The description reinforces the idea of delicious food and mentions fast and reliable delivery, encouraging users to order immediately. Moreover, the phone number makes it convenient for users to place their orders.
The rating showcases customer reviews and builds trust. This metric is taken directly from Google, one of the most important restaurant review sites.
Lastly, the additional information provides essential details about the restaurant’s operating hours and availability of breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Restaurant Google Ad #3: Display Your Expertise
While search ads are more common with restaurant Google Ads, display ads can play a valuable role in a comprehensive marketing strategy. This is because they spread brand awareness and increase your visibility. They also give you remarketing opportunities. Now let’s look at an example.
Firstly, add an image of a beautifully plated dish with vibrant colors. Then add a headline like “Discover Culinary Delights at The Tasty Bistro.”
Next, it’s time to add a description. An example of this would be, “Indulge in exquisite flavors and a cozy ambiance. Visit us today!” Lastly, you need a CTA like “Explore Our Menu.”
In this example, the appealing image captures attention. This is why you need to learn how to take great pictures. The headline highlights the name of the restaurant, creating brand awareness. The description emphasized the experience of indulging in exquisite flavors and a cozy ambiance, enticing potential customers to visit. The call to action encourages users to explore the restaurant’s menu, encouraging them to take action and discover the offerings.
However, it is essential to format the image according to Google’s ad specifications. Additionally, the ad should align with the branding and messaging of the restaurant it represents.
Restaurant Google Ad #4: Jump on the YouTube Screen
According to a study, the average human attention span is 8.25 seconds, while that of a goldfish is 9 seconds. This means that humans have an even lesser attention span than goldfish! This is why videos and short content have become so popular these days. So, to spread the word about your restaurant, you need to create YouTube ads.
Let’s see an example of this type of restaurant Google Ad. Create a title such as “Savor Exquisite Flavors: Experience Unforgettable Dining at Our Restaurant!” Then you need to create an appealing script like this one.
“Calling all food enthusiasts and flavor seekers! Here’s your chance to treat yourself to an extraordinary dining experience. Step into the world of delectable aromas, impeccable service, and unforgettable flavors that will transport your taste buds to new heights. From our mouthwatering signature dishes to delightful culinary creations, each plate is a work of art. Visit us today and embark on a culinary journey that will delight your senses. Click now to reserve your table.”
This is a successful example because the title is inviting, and the description is tempting. It states the benefits of choosing this restaurant and creates a picture in the reader’s mind. However, adding mouthwatering images of your menu items in the background is crucial. You can also showcase your restaurant’s theme and staff in the video for a more personal touch. Moreover, keep the ad short and skippable to avoid annoying the viewer.
Restaurant Google Ad #5: Win With an App Campaign
Lastly, we have app campaigns. These ads are primarily popular with food delivery systems where restaurants have listed themselves. With app campaigns, you can encourage the user to install the app of the food delivery system you have partnered with. Once they are on the app, your mouth-watering visuals and compelling descriptions will encourage them to order from you.
With that said, let’s break down the above example for this type of restaurant Google Ad. DoorDash and GrubHub are two very popular online delivery food delivery apps. DoorDash mentions its reviews and ratings in this app campaign, which builds trust. Then the words “100s of Restaurants” let people know they won’t run out of options.
Moreover, the words “Delicious At Your Door” and “Speedy Delivery” state the benefits that the user will get, compelling him to install the app. It also mentions “Free,” which shows the user he has nothing to lose. Lastly, the CTA button, “Install,” makes it easy for the user to take action.
How To Make Proper Restaurant Google Ads: A Checklist for Business Owners
While we discussed the steps earlier, some things can make or break your restaurant’s Google Ads. These ads should effectively target your area, engage your audience, and optimize performance for maximum results. Although these ads require a budget, it’s not just a money game. Your message and format matter. So, here are some tips to make proper ads for your restaurant:
- Define Your Target Area: Determine the specific geographic area you want to target with your ads. This could be the local neighborhood, city, or region where your restaurant is.
- Utilize Location Targeting: In Google Ads, set up location targeting to ensure that users within your target area are seeing your ads. This helps you reach potential customers more likely to visit your restaurant.
- Craft Compelling Ad Copy: Create engaging and persuasive ad copy highlighting your unique selling points. These may be delicious dishes, special offers, or a cozy ambiance. Use language that resonates with your target audience and entices them to visit your restaurant.
- Include Local Information: Incorporate local elements in your ads to appeal to users in your area. Mention nearby landmarks, popular attractions, or local events to create a sense of familiarity and relevance.
- Test Multiple Ad Variations: Create multiple versions of your ads with different headlines, descriptions, and CTAs. Test these variations to see which resonates best with your audience and generates higher click rates. Find out what works and replicate it.
Is Google Ads Worth It?
Overall, restaurant Google Ads are ads that appear on various Google platforms when restaurants pay for them. Google offers search, display, video, shopping, discovery, app campaign, local service, and intelligent campaign ads. But is Google Ads worth it?
These ads are worth the time and money as they are one of the most effective tools to increase your visibility. They help you appear in front of your targeted audience so you can convert them and grow your revenue. However, your marketing strategy should include other elements to increase the effectiveness of your ads.
If you want an alternative way to improve your marketing strategy, try Beambox’s WiFi marketing platform.
With Beambox, you can collect valuable customer data, automate your marketing initiatives, and grow your rating on local review sites. It all starts with the free WiFi you offer to your customers.
Try Beambox for free for thirty days and see the results for yourself!
Get Started With Free WiFi Marketing
Beambox helps businesses like yours grow with data capture, marketing automation and reputation management.
Sign up for 30 days free