Picture this: a hungry diner scrolls through Instagram, searching for the perfect spot to satisfy his cravings. Suddenly, an appealing ad for a nearby restaurant pops up on this screen, showcasing delicious dishes and a trendy vibe. He immediately makes a reservation. Want to create this type of buzz around your food as well? Then, this article on advertising a restaurant is what you need.
While delicious food and exceptional service are essential, advertising keeps customers attached to your restaurant. Moreover, you must stay updated with food trends and incorporate them into your advertising.
In this article, you will discover creative ideas and tools for advertising restaurants. You will also uncover some examples to inspire you.
Advertising Restaurant: How To Create the Best Strategy?
While ideas and examples are handy in advertising a restaurant, you must first know the basic steps to create a restaurant marketing strategy. Tools and examples won’t be of much use without a solid plan in place. So, here are some essential steps to follow:
1. Identify Your Target Audience: The first step is defining who you want to serve. This will help you tailor your marketing messages and channels accordingly. Consider demographics, such as age and income, and psychographics, such as interests, lifestyle, and more.
2. Develop a Unique Brand Identity: Create a memorable brand identity that reflects your restaurant’s personality, values, and cuisine. Use this identity consistently across all marketing channels. This is important because, without a logo, colors, or font, people won’t be able to recognize you.
3. Craft an Appealing Menu: Develop a menu that is visually appealing, easy to navigate, and reflects your restaurant’s style and cuisine. Highlight unique dishes, and offer specials to keep the menu fresh. Gain inspiration from these restaurant menu examples and add sections to cater to different audiences.
4. Use Social Media Effectively: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are great platforms to engage with customers and promote your restaurant. Use quality images and videos to showcase your dishes and restaurant.
5. Offer Promotions and Discounts: Use loyalty programs, happy hours, or special events to attract new customers and encourage repeat visits.
6. Partner with Local Businesses: Collaborate with other local businesses to promote each other and create new marketing opportunities. For example, collaborate with a nearby winery to match wine with your food.
7. Measure and Analyze Results: Track the results of your marketing efforts to identify areas of improvement. Use this information to refine the marketing campaigns of your restaurant and improve their performance.
Restaurant Advertising Ideas To Attract More Customers
Now that we know the steps for creating a strategy, let’s look at some restaurant advertising ideas to shape this strategy. Even if your food and service are the best in town, customers need to walk into your restaurant for the first time. Here are some things that can help with advertising restaurant:
1. Search Engine Optimization: Optimize your website and online listings for search engines like Google and Bing. This will help potential customers find your restaurant when they search for keywords related to your cuisine, location, or menu items. This can become a free source for advertising a restaurant. Running ads on Google is also a good idea to appear in search results.
2. Loyalty Programs: Encourage repeat business by offering a loyalty program that rewards customers for patronage. This can be in discounts, free items, or exclusive perks. Promote your loyalty program on your website, social media, etc.
3. Flash Sales: Create a sense of urgency and encourage customers to visit your restaurant by offering limited-time offers. These include seasonal menu items, discounts on certain days of the week, or special promotions for holidays or events.
4. Fundraisers and Events: Host events and fundraisers to attract new customers and engage with your local community; this can include charity events, live music, themed dinners, or wine tastings.
5. Contests: Host social media contests to encourage engagement and build brand awareness. This can include photo contests, trivia contests, or eating contests.
3 of the Best Restaurant Advertising Examples
Studies have revealed that 67% of restaurants have paid for social media campaigns since 2019. This shows that more and more restaurant owners are recognizing the importance of advertising for restaurants. If you want to thrive in this industry, you also need to devise an advertising strategy to put your restaurant out there.
In the following few sections, you will find inspiration from the three best restaurant advertisement examples.
Advertising Restaurant Example #1: Taco Bell’s Snapchat Filter
Let’s start this list of examples of advertising restaurants with Taco Bell’s creative and unconventional method. Taco Bell launched a successful campaign on Snapchat using geographical filters. These filters rely on the location. Users can access them within the Snapchat app only near the advertised site.
Taco Bell created a custom geographical filter for their restaurant, which was available only to users within the radius of their restaurant. When a user took a photo using the Taco Bell filter and shared it with friends, the filter acted as a referral. This promoted Taco Bell to a broader audience.
The successful campaign set a record on Snapchat with 224 million views. This made it a creative and engaging way to reach out to customers.
Advertising Restaurant Example #2: Pizza Pilgrim’s DIY Box
Another example of an advertising restaurant is Pizza Pilgrims. During the Coronavirus lockdown, Pizza Pilgrims developed an innovative idea to sell DIY pizza kits. These included all the necessary ingredients for customers to make their pizza at home.
They encouraged their customers to post pictures of their creations using the Instagram hashtag #pizzainthepost. The campaign was engaging and fun for the customers, as they received ratings and feedback on their homemade pizzas.
It turned out to be immensely successful, as it increased the visibility of Pizza Pilgrims on social media, ultimately leading to an increase in sales.
Advertising Restaurant Example #3: Legal Sea Foods’ Humor
Let’s end this list of examples for advertising restaurants with humor. Legal Sea Foods is an excellent example of how an ad can take something old and make it new and funny. The ad has a retro look that makes it charming.
They changed the “make reservations” message to a classic saying that reminds people that dining at Legal Sea Foods is special. The ad looks good and makes people laugh, which makes it a good advertisement for the restaurant.
While the above examples can help, you need to learn about the right tools and platforms for advertising a restaurant. These tools and platforms can help you reach a wider audience and attract more customers. Here are some of the best options:
1. Paid Advertising: Platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads allow you to target specific demographics with your promotions. This can be a great way to boost your visibility and attract new customers.
2. Social Media: These platforms are fantastic for promoting your restaurant to a large audience. You can create a business page and post regular updates about your menu, special deals, and events.
3. Email Marketing: You can use email marketing to stay in touch with your present clients and promote new deals or events. Collect email addresses from clients who visit your restaurant and send them newsletters.
4. Local Listings: Platforms like TripAdvisor and OpenTable can help you reach a wider audience and attract new customers. These platforms allow users to search for restaurants in their area and read reviews from other customers.
5. Yelp: This platform is a popular review site where customers can leave feedback about their experiences at your restaurant. Claim your business listing and respond to reviews to show you care about customer feedback.
6. Influencer Marketing: Partnering with local influencers or food bloggers can be a great way to reach a new audience. Look for influencers with a large following whose interests align with your restaurant’s cuisine or ambiance.
7. Google My Business: This free tool from Google lets you manage your business profile on Google, including your address, hours, and photos. This is how you appear on the mighty Google Maps. You can also respond to customer reviews and add updates about your restaurant.
How To Choose a Suitable Restaurant Advertising Agency?
If you’re wondering, “Should I hire a restaurant advertising agency or do it myself?” here’s the answer. If you have a small budget and some experience in advertising restaurants, you can handle it yourself. However, hiring an agency is better if you have a larger budget and want a more sophisticated and professional campaign. An agency can save you time and provide expertise in branding, media planning, and content creation.
So, if you choose the latter option, here are some tips for selecting a suitable agency:
1. Research Potential Agencies: Look for agencies with experience in the restaurant industry and a portfolio of successful campaigns. Check their reviews and references, and make sure they have a good reputation in the industry.
2. Understand Their Services: Ensure the agency provides the services you need, such as branding, social media management, content creation, etc. Ask for a detailed proposal outlining their services’ scope and costs.
3. Consider Their Communication Style: Choose an agency that communicates well and is responsive to your needs. It should be proactive in sharing updates and progress reports. It should listen to your feedback and incorporate it into the work.
4. Evaluate Their Creativity: Your chosen agency should be creative and innovative in its approach to restaurant advertising. Ensure they can develop unique and engaging campaigns that stand out in a crowded market.
5. Consider Their Cost: Choose an agency that fits your budget and provides value for money. Ensure their pricing structure is transparent, and there are no hidden fees.
When advertising a restaurant, free WiFi is a spectacular tool. Combine it with WiFi marketing software, and you can benefit massively. Let’s dive into it, as it might be counterintuitive.
Providing free WiFi encourages customers to spend more time in your restaurant. The more time they spend, the more likely they are to keep ordering. Even if they don’t contain anything, your restaurant will be on their mind; they might bring their friends and family along too!
Also, free WiFi provides an excellent opportunity to gather valuable customer data. You can collect their information and build a customer base by requiring customers to sign in with their email or social media accounts.
You can then use this data to create targeted marketing campaigns, loyalty programs, and personalized offers. However, you will need WiFi marketing software to achieve this benefit of free WiFi.
Moreover, you can use your free WiFi to increase brand awareness for your restaurant. You can advertise special deals, upcoming events, and promotions with a custom splash page. A guest WiFi management solution lets you get more reviews and secure your guest network with just a few clicks.
So, if you haven’t already, consider offering free WiFi in your restaurant and combine it with a WiFi marketing solution.
Advertising Restaurant: Why Should You Not Wait for Customers To Come In?
While potential customers can stumble upon your restaurant, relying solely on chance is risky for growing your business. Here are a few reasons why actively advertising a restaurant is essential:
1. Increased Visibility: By actively promoting your restaurant, you can improve your visibility and reach a larger audience. This can lead to more foot traffic and online orders, helping you to grow your business.
2. Competitive Advantage: Advertising can help you stand out from the crowd and differentiate your restaurant from others in the area. It can also help you attract customers looking for something unique and memorable.
3. Better ROI: You can drive sales and increase revenue through advertising. Target your advertising efforts to your ideal customers to maximize your return on investment and generate more business.
4. Customer Retention: Advertising does not get new customers but also helps you retain existing ones. Regularly promoting your restaurant and offering new and exciting specials can keep your customers returning for more.
5. Adaptability: It allows you to adapt to changing market conditions and customer preferences. For example, suppose a new food trend or holiday is coming up. You can create targeted advertising campaigns to capitalize on these trends and generate more business.
Advertising Restaurant: Too Many Cooks Spoil the Broth
Overall, advertising a restaurant involves identifying your target audience and creating unique ads that resonate with them. Ideas like SEO, loyalty programs, and contests are great for making such ads. Moreover, tools like email marketing, WiFi marketing, and influencer marketing can spice up your restaurant’s advertising game.
However, trying to target all types of audiences and cramming every idea into your advertising restaurant strategy won’t work. This is because each restaurant is unique, and focusing on your restaurant’s specific strengths is essential.
Looking to improve your marketing strategy and grow your business? Beambox’s WiFi marketing platform can help you quickly gather customer data, automate marketing initiatives, and enhance your online reputation. Start your free trial today!
Get Started With Free WiFi Marketing
Beambox helps businesses like yours grow with data capture, marketing automation and reputation management.
Sign up for 30 days free