Do you hate Mondays? Not a morning person? Pulling another all-nighter? There are few things in life you can rely on 100% — and coffee is one of them. Are you running a coffee shop or a caffeine-fuelled Instagram page? Whether you’re an aspiring coffee connoisseur or a run-of-the-mill perky coffee enthusiast, here are some freshly roasted coffee shop social media ideas to toast your bittersweet love affair with the humble coffee bean.
Engaging Coffee Shop Post Ideas: From Daily Brews to Specialties
Coffee is the only reason most people look forward to waking up in the morning — its powerful and unique aroma. That first sip, followed by that wonderful kick. For most people, their entire early-day routine centers around their beloved coffee brew.
These coffee shop social media ideas will surely make your potential customers more eager than they already are to drop by your cafe and grab their favorite caffeinated beverage. They’ll also do wonders for your business’s online reputation. Focus on coffee shop post ideas that glorify your product with captivating photos and videos. Ensure your digital marketing leads to customer engagement with these 15 photos to generate buzz for your business.
Coffee Shop Marketing Photos: Take Photos That Are as Strong and Bold as Your Product
Here are 15 coffee content ideas you can use to boost your coffee shop marketing photos and videos.
1. Latte Art
Make your coffee shop marketing photos unique. Use an interesting background, play around with various filters, or add stickers/GIFs.
Promote your drinks a week ahead of their go-live date. Ramp up your coffee shop’s social media posts during the first few weeks of availability to attract customers.
3. Behind-the-Scenes Video Clips
Create clips of your beans being measured and ground. Share how to use a traditional coffee drip or feature your baristas teaching how to make latte art.
4. Share User-generated Content
Ask your customers to tag or mention your cafe in their posts. Don’t forget to ask for permission to use their photos. This word-of-mouth marketing tactic does wonders for brand recognition.
5. Feature Specialty Items
If you offer dairy-free drinks, gluten-free or vegan pastries, feature them on your social media platforms once or twice a week. Your marketing efforts will ensure your specialty target audience knows where to go for their local coffee shop.
6. Feature Daily Coffee Quotes
Prepare a month’s worth of daily coffee quotes to make posting your coffee shop social media ideas quicker. Give your regulars something good to think about while they’re waiting or enjoying their drink.
Why? Because they’re about coffee! Funny social posts will lead to more reshares. Always create content to increase engagement and promote your brand.
8. Share a Coffee Recipe
Your customers will love you more for sharing the recipe for their favorite coffee concoction. Visual content is valuable content and you can build relationships with your viewers by answering their questions. For example, how to make a gourmet beverage.
9. Share Brew-at-Home Tips
Help your customers make great coffee in the best way possible. Many coffee shops share at-home tips on their social channels to create a local community of viewers. Get them hyped about your product in every way possible.
10. Post Photos of Your Store
Take pictures from different angles to improve your social media marketing skills. Try extreme close-ups on products and take photos of your facade at different times of the day. Photos of your business are a powerful tool to share more about your establishment and what makes it unique.
11. Share Information About Your Beans
What types of beans do you use? Where are they sourced? Generating buzz for your free trade menu items will work wonders for converting viewers into new customers.
12. Mention Nearby Landmarks and Attractions
This is a vital way to attract new customers. Coffee shop owners should use their social media platform to tell viewers where their store is located. This coffee shop social media post idea proves how helpful digital marketing can be. Followers should know where their local coffee shop is in relation to other famous landmarks in the area.
13. Give a Shout-out To Local Businesses
This is significant for community building. Sharing clientele between local coffee shops can do wonders for your business. Improve innovation at your own establishment and build trust with your target audience.
14. Feature Pet Guests
If your store is pet-friendly, make sure to take snaps of your customers’ pets and post them on your social media. Selling puppuccinos and posting about how much dogs love them is a fantastic coffee shop social media idea for marketing to pet lovers.
15. Put the Spotlight on Your Baristas
Whether it’s for an early-morning greeting post or a toast to their hard work, don’t forget to give your baristas the appreciation and attention they deserve!
The picture in your coffee shop social media post may be worth a thousand words, but you can step up your game even further with a caffeine-powered coffee caption.
Coffee Captions for Photos
Boost your coffee shop’s social media ideas with the right coffee captions:
- Another day, another cup of coffee.
- Dear coffee, you were in my dreams last night.Hail, the almighty coffee. Bringer of happiness and cheer!
- Hail, the almighty coffee. Bringer of happiness and cheer!
- Relationship status: Looking for a tall, dark, rich cup of coffee.
- When life gives you lemons, trade them for coffee.
- Coffee before talkie, please.
- Guess what? It’s coffee o’clock.
- Any time is a good time for coffee.
- Cappuccino? More like Cappucci-yes!
- Life is short. Have another cup of coffee. And then another.
- Behind every great day is a strong cup of coffee.
- Coffee, the hot friend I was telling you about.
- Don’t worry, have some frappe.
- Rise and grind!
- Don’t feel depresso. Have an espresso.
- Coffee, aka, survival juice.
- Smells like freshly ground heaven.
- My zodiac sign is a coffee bean.
- I like big cups of coffee and I cannot lie.
- Make some coffee and own the day.
- Hit me with your best espresso shot.
- Change the world. Start with coffee.
- All you need is love and good coffee.
- Do you get deja brew?
- Better latte than never.
Coffee Captions for Selfies
You’re not a true coffee lover if you don’t take selfies with your coffee. You can’t have an article about social media for coffee shops without a section focused on selfies. Here are some coffee captions to go along with your romantic “coffee engagement” post, pun intended!
- Too much morning, not enough coffee.
- I’ve bean thinking about you a latte.
- This is my resting coffee face.
- Sip sip, hooray!
- With enough coffee, I could rule the world!
- A day without coffee is like… just kidding. I have no idea.
- Be fa-brew-lous!
- Words cannot espresso how much you mean to me.
- I‘m going to get coffee by whatever beans necessary.
- Coffee, because it’s too early for wine.
- Hello, this is my mug shot.
- You perk up my heart.
- A coffee a day keeps the grumpy away.
- Coffee is the only vitamin C I need.
- Take life one sip of coffee at a time.
- Today’s good mood is sponsored by coffee.
- Inhale the caffeine, exhale the negativity.
- I don’t need an inspirational quote. I need coffee.
- I’ll take a coffee with my sunshine.
- A caffeine queen in her natural habitat.
- It’s a brew-tiful day.
- You mocha me so happy.
- We’re the perfect blend.
- Hey there, hot stuff.
- I made this espresso-ly for me.
Instagram Story Ideas for Coffee Shops
Just like you always have a fresh pot of coffee, you should also keep your Instagram fresh coffee content ideas. Here are Instagram story ideas for coffee shops you’ll find espresso-lly invigorating! Don’t forget to use IG stickers and filters to make your story more fun.
- A photo of your empty, just-opened coffee shop with the text, “Can’t wait to see you!”
- A coffee brewing/mixing video with fast forward motion effect.
- Teasers for an upcoming signature drink or promo.
- A collage showing flat-lay shots of the different coffee drinks you offer.
- A simple boomerang video of a steaming mug of coffee on a table.
- A video clip showing coffee being poured into a cup or over ice.
- A video clip showing a close up of milk being foamed.
- A video clip of how to make latte art.
- A video clip of caramel or chocolate syrup getting drizzled on the sides of a cup.
- A video clip of your busy cafe and its happy customers.
- A photo taken through your cafe’s glass window showing the outside while it’s raining, during sunrise, with people walking past.
- Coffee-related memes and GIFs.
- User-generated content.
- A photo of a phone taking a photo of a cup of coffee.
- Feature a customer on their birthday.
Interactive coffee shop social media post ideas encourage your audience to engage with your content. In addition to liking your posts, you want your followers to post comments and share your photos on their own social media. Check out these coffee interactive post ideas to fuel your audience engagement.
1. Coffee Content Ideas: Run a Poll Once or Twice a Month
Ask your followers to vote for their favorite type of coffee, e.g., hot or iced, mocha or macchiato, or between any two signature drinks. This is a great way to promote select concoctions and share what makes your location stand out from the rest.
2. Customer Engagement: Post a Question Every Day
Your questions don’t have to be coffee-related. Ask your followers how their day is going or what they’re looking forward to at the end of their day. Ask a thought-provoking question (stay away from trending, sensitive, and divisive topics) or something that’s related to an upcoming holiday. Take this opportunity to gather information for potential events at your location.
3. Run a Survey to Obtain Customer Feedback
Ask your customers for input on menu changes you’ll be making or ask them to rate your service. You’ll see a boost in your sales and customer retention when you start to implement creative solutions over time.
4. Brand Awareness: Schedule a Weekly Live Stream
Show how you prepare a specific coffee recipe. Stream a live video whenever your coffee shop is abuzz with customers and invite your employees to say hello to your viewers.
5. Coffee Post Ideas: Run a Promotion
Offer a free drink to the first ten people who’ll share your post. This coffee post idea doubles as free advertising. Word-of-mouth marketing always takes place when your followers share your posts.
6. Coffee Shop Engagement: Run a Contest
Contests can boost coffee shop engagement as one of our favorite coffee social media post ideas. Not only does it encourage reposting of your content on social media, but winners will proudly show off their coffee shop swag as another free way to get your name out there for brand recognition.
Ask your customers to post a selfie with any of your coffee drinks on their social media and to tag you and use your hashtag on their post. They should invite their friends to like their posts. The customer with the most number of likes by the end of the contest period will win a gift certificate or some other valuable prize that you determine.
7. Build Customer Trust: Schedule an AMA (Ask Me Anything) Session
Encourage people to send in questions about your product, your establishment, or anything at all. Be sure to set guidelines about what questions you want to see. Ask them to submit their questions before the live stream begins anywhere from 24-48 hours ahead of time so you can filter them first. Build customer loyalty through familiarity.
This coffee shop social media idea goes hand-in-hand with Wi-Fi marketing. Encourage your customers to engage with you on social media via a captive portal. One of the benefits of using guest WiFi software is that you can push social media notifications.
9. Take Advantage of Google Maps
Add your business to Google Maps so you can take full advantage of social media marketing. Ask your customers to tag your location every time they post a photo of their visit or your coffee on their social media.
Don’t forget to boost your interactive coffee content ideas by making regular announcements and sharing posts as often as possible. The greater your presence on social media, the greater you will build brand awareness as a coffee shop owner.
Coffee Shop Owners: Perk Up Your Coffee Content Ideas To Boost Business
As long as you know how to brew a delicious pot of coffee, your coffee will sell itself! But the caffeinated industry is also fiercely competitive. While there are plenty of coffee lovers to go around, you should stay on top of your social content game. Have a strategy around coffee shop social media ideas that are as exceptional as your beans.
A must-have at every business establishment these days is a guest wireless network. Cafes have become favorite hot spots — pun intended — for people who want to engage in their usual online activities while enjoying their cup o’ joe. You can do more than provide your customers with free access to your internet. The best guest Wi-Fi solutions enhance their in-store and online experience.
With a WiFi system that’s fully customizable, you can meet both your needs as a business and your customers’ needs for connectivity. A WiFi system like Beambox allows full customization so you can control your guests’ end-to-end guest WiFi experience and also use your hotspot as a WiFi marketing platform.
Connect, capture, and keep more customers with Beambox. Make them feel appreciated with WiFi that remembers and welcomes them each time they visit. Display targeted content to your guests before they log in. Build a loyal following on your social media and within your community. Harness relevant customer data and have a better understanding of the people who love your business with WiFi-based marketing tools. Customer reviews are important for your business. Use Beambox to prompt customers for feedback on their experience in real time.
Beambox is an all-in-one WiFi solution that accomplishes all of the above and more. Accelerate your business growth — start your Beambox free trial today!
Get Started With Free WiFi Marketing
Beambox helps businesses like yours grow with data capture, marketing automation and reputation management.
Sign up for 30 days free